Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the Lally School of Management, in collaboration with Upstate Capital Association of New York, will host Invest Capital Region: Life Sciences + Healthcare to showcase emerging startups, invite investors to the Capital Region, and build connections within and across the investment, research, and entrepreneurial ecosystems.
An afternoon of thought leadership and engaging conversation will take place March 14, 2023 at Pat’s Barn in Troy, New York, from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m. The following topics will be highlighted during the event:
- The Future of Research and Commercialization at Rensselaer
- CEO + Investor: BAKX Therapeutics
- How to Build the Life Sciences Ecosystem in the Capital Region
The event will include the following speakers:
- Dr. Martin A. Schmidt, President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Jennifer Tegan, Managing Director, NY Ventures
- Vikram Agrawal, Co-Founder/CEO, Levrx; Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Alumni
- Sree Kant, Founder/CEO, BAKX Therapeutics
- Dr. Yibing Shan, Chief Computational Scientist, BAKX Therapeutics. Two-time co-recipient of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) Gordon Bell Prize.
- Dr. Robert Hull, Vice President of Research, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Note: Please register today as space is limited to the first 150 registrants. Registration closes on Tuesday, March 7. Parking details will be sent to attendees one week prior to the event.