Have news you want to share? Send us a note.
Seed & Venture Deal Highlights
- SiMPore, developer of nanometer-thick silicon membranes with biomedical applications based in West Henrietta, received $975,000 in federal grants for technology commercialization.
- Rye Brook-based Collective2 Holdings raised just over $1M to continue building a platform connecting investors with independent financial traders so they can build customized hedge funds.
Middle Market Deal Highlights
- Albany Molecular Research, an Albany-based operator of a global contract research and manufacturing organization, completed the transaction for acquisition by The Carlyle Group and GTCR through a $933.9 million public-to-private LBO.
Deal information powered by
- UVANY is now Upstate Capital! To more accurately reflect what we do serving investors, companies and professional advisors, we have rebranded to the Upstate Capital Association of New York. Read more about our transition.
- First Round Capital published Counterintuitive Comp Tips for the Unwary and Uninitiated that offers a thoughtful framework around compensating team members and employees for startups and established companies with Bethany Blounte - it's worth a read.
Upstate Capital Events
- Women, Money & Power - September 26 - Hudson Valley - featuring female founders pitching to investors, and personal stories from women in finance about their career paths. Register today.
- Upstate Down: Pitch Day in NYC - October 18 - do you have a company seeking funding? Has the company already raised funds? Email us for more information.
- Ambrell: A Private Equity Success - November 15 - Rochester. Hear Ambrell's story about working with Graycliff Partners to gain efficiency and improve sales and operations, achieving an exit to a strategic buyer this year. Registration opens soon.
Selected Community Events
- Light and Sound Interactive 2017 - September 12-14 - Rochester. Light and Sound Interactive is a unique conference and expo focused on light and sounds-based technologies and their application in emerging fields, such as virtual and augmented reality, games, cinema, and music. LSI is free for all students and the first 100 non-students. Use promo code LSI2017.
- Upstate Unleashed Conference & Awards - September 19 -Syracuse. Upstate Venture Connect will celebrate over 100 award nominees who are making Upstate NY the go-to destination for entrepreneurs.
- 716 Startup Showcase - October 4 - Buffalo. 43 North is hosting an event to connect startups with investors ready to deploy capital, and a goal to introduce a broad base of investors to the WNY startup ecosystem.