Upstate Deals and Doings – November 6th, 2017
Deals, news and events for the investment community across Upstate New York
Venture & Growth
- Ursa Space Systems Inc, an Ithaca, N.Y.-based Space 3.0 analytics-as-a-service company, raised $7 million in Series A funding. Paladin Capital Group led the round, and was joined by investors including New Enterprise Associates, RRE Ventures, and S&P Global.
- Specified Air Solutions, a Buffalo, N.Y.-based manufacturer of HVAC equipment, raised over $9M in growth capital from Stellus Capital and other investors.
Private Equity & M&A
- Roberts Communications, a Rochester, N.Y.-based provider of marketing communications services, was acquired by Partners + Napier as a strategic acquisition.
Deal information powered by
- The beer business has a $4.5B economic impact on NYS each year. According to NY Brewers Association's Paul Leone, "There's one new brewery opened every ten days at the current rate of growth." Read about the highlights from Upstate Capital's event on the business and industry of beer here.
- NY Green Bank to raise $1B from private sector to fund clean energy projects cross the state. Read more.
Upstate Capital Events
- Ambrell: A Private Equity Success - November 15 - Rochester. Hear Ambrell's story about working with Graycliff Partners to gain efficiency and improve sales and operations, achieving an exit to a strategic buyer this year. Join us!
- Building an Effective Board of Directors (+ Holiday Party!) - December 12 - Syracuse. A strong board of directors can make a tremendous difference in how a business evolves. This event will cover board effectiveness with experts, including Ana Dutra, CEO of The Executives' Club of Chicago and Syracuse's own Marc Viggiano, former CEO of Saab Sensis.
- Paul Singh at the Penthouse - November 7 - Rochester. High Tech Rochester will present the talk by serial entrepreneur and venture capitalist, Paul Singh while he's on the North American Tech Tour.
- Fuzehub Commercialization Competition - November 15 - Albany. The event will feature pitch competitions and networking opportunities. Up to five companies will be awarded $50,000 each for their projects.