Upstate Deals and Doings – March 14, 2018
Deals, news and events for the investment community across Upstate New York.
Published online and emailed to members every other week.
Over 50 businesses and individuals were nominated for the 2nd Annual Upstate Capital Celebration. Join us on March 28th in Rochester, NY to meet many of them in-person and celebrate the dealmaking community across New York state.
- Ascension Gaming Network, a Syracuse-based media and information services company, received investment from Radian Capital of $10 million.
- Kanjam, a Getzville-based recreational goods company, was acquired by Wild Sports, for an undisclosed amount.
- Viatran commits to $1.5 million dollar expansion of facilities. The organization also commits to creating 72 new jobs and retaining an additional 55 people.
- Check out the recap of Angels and Startups - Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem event held at Suny New Paltz on 3/1.
Upstate capital events
- March 28 - Rochester - 2nd Annual Upstate Capital Celebration. An event to highlight the most interesting investments across New York State over the past year in seed, venture and private equity. Register today. Prices go up tomorrow.
- April 26 - Albany - Managing Risk and Strategic Growth - Upstate Capital and the Center for Economic Growth are co-hosting an event for startups and growth-oriented companies to explore best practices and lessons learned in managing risk through startup, launch and scaling for established companies. Participants will include entrepreneurs, company executives, investors and business leaders across the region. Register here.
- April 27 - Albany - 9th Annual New York State Business Plan Competition- Approximately 120 teams hailing from across New York State will vie for 18 prizes up to $25k. More information coming soon!
- March 23 - New York City - The 5th Annual Single Family Office Summit hosted by the Family Office Club. Receive $200 off ticket prices by using this Upstate Capital link to register: https://familyoffices.com/UpstateCapital
- April 9 - Syracuse - Join GENIUS NY to watch finalists from around the world pitch their drone startups for up to a $1 million investment.
- April 26 - New York City - Demo Day with Quake Capital - Join MicroEra Power and other startups present at the Quake Capital Spring 2018 Demo Day
- May 18 - Albany - KeyBank's Annual Key4Women Forum - a nationwide community of entrepreneurial and executive business women brought together by KeyBank to help them thrive.