Upstate Deals and Doings – June 6, 2018
Deals, news and events for the investment community across Upstate New York.
Published online and emailed to members every other week.
- Monroe Electronics, a Lyndonville-based designer and manufacturer of electrostatic instrumentation & systems, was acquired by Advanced Energy Industries.
- Hardinge, an Elmira-based provider of machining products and services to aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and construction industries, was acquired by Privet Fund Management through a $245 million public-to-private LBO.
- SI Group, a Schenectady, N.Y.-based developer and manufacturer of performance additives and intermediates, was acquired by SK Capital Partners.
- Enduraphin, a Binghamton-based developer and distributor of sports nutrition products intended to supplement a high-performance lifestyle, raised $100,000 of angel funding. Previously, the company joined Koffman Southern Tier Incubator in 2018.
- Glauconix Biosciences, an Albany-based developer of a glaucoma drug development technology, raised $100,000 from Excell Partners.
*Have a deal you'd like to share? Submit your deal here.
- Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation (HVEDC) has announced that Mike Oates has been named the organization's new President and CEO, effective June 4. Oates replaces Laurence Gottlieb, who recently resigned from the position. Since 2016, Oates has been the Managing Partner of Bellefield Development Partners.
Upstate capital events
- June 13 - Hudson Valley - Planning for the Future: Perpetuation + Succession. Upstate Capital has teamed up with Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley to host an event to bring together members of the business and entrepreneurial communities from across New York to discuss family business perpetuation and succession planning in the Hudson Valley.
- July 26-27 - Saratoga - Investor Forum. An event designed for investors, transaction professionals and high performing executives that provides valuable content coupled with high quality relationship buidling in beautiful and historic Saratoga.
- August 1 - Ithaca - Investor Connections for Clean Energy Startups - Upstate Capital is hosting an evening of networking for angel, seed, and venture capital investors to connect with energy and sustainability startups and established companies in the Southern Tier startup ecosystem in Upstate New York.
- June 19 - Plattsburgh - Solutions for NYS Manufacturers - This event is match-maker style, where leaders of manufacturing and product development organizations meet directly with hand-picked business and technology experts in one-on-one consultations. Register here.
- June 28 - Rochester - Luminate's Light Tomorrow with Today, an exciting Demo Day event in the Big Tent of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival! All 10 finalist companies will be pitching their optics, photonics, and imaging startups, and one team will be awarded $1 million in follow-on funding from the Empire State Development's Finger Lakes Forward initiative.
- July 10-11 - New York City - The 18th annual New York Venture Summit, presented by youngStartup Ventures connects venture capitalists, corporate VCs, angel investors, technology transfer professionals, senior executives of early stage and emerging growth companies, university researchers, incubators and premier service providers.